- Annabel Lee: The Poem. E. A. Poe, Giles Tibo (Illustrator). Tundra Books; ISBN: 088776200X
The poem "Annabel Lee" is often thought to be easiest piece of Poe's work for children to read because of its lyrical and simplistic style. This illustrated children's book contains just Poe's ode to Annabel Lee.
- Edgar Allan Poe (Poetry for Young People). E. A. Poe, Brod Bagert (Editor), Carolyn Cobleigh (Illustrator). Sterling Publications; ISBN: 0806908203
Illustrations, side notes explaining difficult words, and summaries make this book an excellent choice for kids who haven't read Poe before.
- Ghostly Tales and Eerie Poems of Edgar Allan Poe (Illustrated Junior Library) E.A. Poe, Larry Schwinger (Illustrator). Grosset & Dunlap; ISBN: 0448405334
A colorful, illustrated anthology of 15 tales and 11 poems, aimed at junior readers.
- Tales of Mystery and Imagination, E.A. Poe, Gary Kelley (Illustrator). Creative Education; ISBN: 0151002347
Three of Poe's most compelling tales--The Cask of Amontillado, The Black Cat, and The Fall of the House of Usher-accompanied by spooky, gorgeous illustrations.
- The Pit and the Pendulum & Other Stories. E. A. Poe, James Prunier (Illustrator). Viking Children's Books; ISBN: 0670887250.
This illustrated book includes six of Poe's stories including "The Tell Tale Hart," "The Cask of Amontillado," and "The Murders in the Rue Morgue." In addition to the stories, notes and photos about Poe's life are scattered in the margins.
- Edgar Allan Poe. E.A. Poe, Harold Bloom, Kay Cornelius (Editors). Univ of Illinois Pr (Trd); ISBN: 0252069226;
Features Poe's works as well as a biography and critical commentary.
- The Man Who Was Poe, by Avi. Camelot; ISBN: 0380730227
A mystery about a young boy who meets Edgar Allan Poe.
Young Adult to Adult
- The American Face of Edgar Allan Poe. Shawn Rosenheim and Stephen Rachman. Johns Hopkins Univ Pr; ISBN: 0801850258
Features essays about Poe's influence on U.S. culture and literary tradition.
- Complete Poems, Edgar Allan Poe. Thomas O. Mabbott. Univ of Illinois Pr (Trd); ISBN: 0252069218
Tales and Sketches, Edgar Allan Poe. Thomas O. Mabbott. Univ of Illinois Pr (Trd); ISBN: 0252069226
Poe's complete works, with commentary and notes by a renowned Poe scholar.
- Edgar Allan Poe, a Critical Biography. Arthur Hobson Quinn. Johns Hopkins Univ Pr; ISBN: 0801857309
A classic Poe biography.
- Edgar Allan Poe: His Life and Legacy. Jeffrey Meyers. Cooper Square Press; ISBN: 0815410387
Easy-to-read biography of Poe.
- Edgar Allan Poe; His Life, Letters, and Opinions. John Henry Ingram. AMS Press; ISBN: 0404034896
A classic Poe biography.
- Edgar A. Poe: Mournful and Never-Ending Remembrance. Kenneth Silverman. Harper Perennial; ISBN: 0060923318
Engaging biography by a Pulitzer-Prize winning author.
- The Illustrated Poetry of Edgar Allan Poe. E.A. Poe, Edmund Dulac (Illustrator). Gramercy; ISBN: 0517259249
Poe's poems illustrated by legendary illustrator Edmund Dulac
- Israfel; the Life and Times of Edgar Allan Poe. Hervey Allen. Reprint Services Corp; ISBN: 0781254191
Considered a classic biography of Poe.
- Midnight Dreary: The Mysterious Death of Edgar Allan Poe. John Evangelist Walsh. Michael Flamini (Editor). St. Martin's Press; ISBN: 0312227329
Investigates the many theories about how Poe died.
- Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe. Daniel Hoffman. Louisiana State University Press; ISBN: 0807123218
A critical study of Poe's life and works -- interesting and entertaining.
- The Poe Encyclopedia. Frederick S. Frank and Anthony Magistrale. Greenwood Publishing Group; ISBN: 0313277680
A useful reference book on Poe and his works.
- The Raven and Other Poems, E.A. Poe. Dover Pubns; ISBN: 0486266850
An inexpensive but substantive collection of Poe's poetry.